Subscriptions

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe

Monday, September 29, 2008

My life in His Service

There are so many ways of looking at service to our Lord. The most important is that you look at your job, whatever it may be, as an outlet for service to Him. Everything we do should be a testimony to our life in Him and our service to Him. If you ask God to empower you to do His will every morning, then your day can be filled with opportunities for witnessing or for showing your faith.

God loves all of humanity regardless, as I have said before. No matter what religion you follow or what "denomination" you happen to be, He loves you because He formed you in your mother's womb. An artist has affection for his creations and so does God. He is the creator of all things and no matter what or where your life happens to be, in service to Him or not, He still cares about you more than you could know or even realize.

In the Bible, God says "My ways are not your ways and my thoughts are not your thoughts." (Is. 55:8) That is why it is hard to understand the Bible, but if you read it without trying to make it harder than it is you can understand it. That is why Jesus said "Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." (Luke 18:16) The faith of a child simply comes to Him with no "baggage" like an adult. That is also what makes it so hard for scientists and political leaders who may not know Christ to come to Him. They can't understand how it can be as simple as believing in Him and the salvation He brings to us without cost.

Our lives would be so much easier than they are if we would simply come to Him in prayer every morning and start the day that way all the time. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you." (Luke 12:31) My life and service to Him has not been perfect. I "gave" my life to Him twenty-eight years ago, but I didn't really begin to serve Him like I should until about five years ago. Why did I wait so long? I am not exactly sure, but I know that by the time I started serving Him I was a father and my son was starting to ask questions.

So it was a child who started the process, not me. I had been able to feel His influence on my life but I was still doing mostly what I wanted to and not what He wanted me to do. I don't mean that I was out drinking or other things but I wasn't serving God like I should. My spirit knew it and I knew it too, but it took a long time before I really did anything about it, and now I have and will continue to do as much as He will give me the strength to do. Please don't wait like I did. Ask Him to come in and give you the will and the strength to do what needs to be done so your soul won't be tormented forever for refusing His call on your life.

No comments: