Subscriptions

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe

Saturday, December 27, 2008

How much is too little?

Do you have the time to give to God? He gives us twenty-four hours in each day and all He asks for is a bit more than one hour in the morning and in the evening before bed. Do we give Him that? Most of us don’t unfortunately. I give Him my time while writing here and at my blogspot.com blog of the same name, but I don’t post here everyday.

I am sorry to say that my life, or my perception of it gets in the way of my service to Him. I have to ask His forgiveness for this everyday and sometimes I just don’t. I see my responsibilities to my family and the things I do for them as more important. They are NOT! My service to Him and His kingdom is more important than anything that I can do for my family.

We are a weak race of people, the human race not Caucasians, African-Americans, Indians, etc. These just separate us by skin color and culture and sometimes religion. But we are all of the same race, God made us that way although we can’t see it that way most of the time.

Our lives, our service to God and to our fellow man should be our way of life. Our religion should be to follow Christ’s example of service to each other not for ourselves. Selfish desires have caused far more pain and suffering in the world than all the war and disease combined. Religious wars and disputes have also caused their share but most of the real suffering was due to selfishness and greed.

Don’t let your life be defined by things that don’t belong in it. God put you where you are for a purpose, His purpose! Every person, every animal, every plant, and every microbe on this earth does the will of the Creator at one point or another. The human race is the only one that has the free will to do otherwise. He gave us that free will so we would come willingly to Him when He calls us.

If you are feeling that call or have heard it and not responded please consider doing so. God will bring you to Him once the call has been sent. You will answer Him but if it is a negative answer, you may not like the consequences afterward. He is not a vengeful God, but like your father here on earth He expects to be obeyed when He calls. Give your life to Him willingly and you will never regret it, I haven’t. He has taken care of my family’s needs ever since I was told I wasn’t needed at a former job almost two years ago. He will take care of yours too! Give Him the chance and He can make your life more than you ever thought it could be. It won’t be because of you, but because of Him.

No comments: